We are excited that you are interested in adopting an adult Labrador Retriever from Annabelle Acres. Please follow the process below to start your journey with us and become part of the Annabelle Acres family. If you have any questions, please go to our contact page, send us an email at email@example.com, or call Tony Wedeward on his Cell Phone at (262) 468-8494. We are happy to answer any questions you might have.
- Make a $100 Down Payment/Donation to Reserve a Spot in our Adoption Line - We require a non-refundable $100 down payment through our donation page to reserve a spot in line for one of our adoptable Labrador Retrievers. Once we receive your down payment, our communication and vetting process begins. Your down payment is part of the $1,750 adoption fee required before you take your lab home. If, through the vetting process, Annabelle Acres feels you are not a good fit for one of our adoptable labs, your down payment turns into a donation to help pay for veterinarian bills and dog food for our labs. By placing a deposit with us, you agree to our terms and conditions. If you are serious about adopting a Labrador Retriever from us, we highly recommend placing a $100 down payment as soon as you are comfortable with your decision. Annabelle Acres does not sell dogs for a profit, so please do not ask for a discount or a refund if you change your mind before adoption. We strive to provide our labs with a lifelong bond in a fun-loving home. If you are not fully committed to making one of our labs part of your family, please search for your future dog through valuable resources, including Petfinder, your local humane societies, and rescue organizations.
- Our Adoption Line - To visit Annabelle Acres and potentially get matched up with one of my adoptable labs, you must wait in the selection order that your $100 non-refundable down payment/donation came in. Typically, it takes one to two months to work through the lab adoption process. Annabelle Acres reserves the right to move up a potential adopter to reserve one of our labs if a perfect fit is identified by special circumstances, relationship of the dogs or ideal timing. This adjustment only occurs for the benefit of the adoptable dog.
- The Vetting Process - Once we confirm your down payment, our vetting process begins. You need to provide us with a full description of your family setting in which you want to adopt one of our labs. Please be honest and fair in your assessment. Your assessment helps us determine which adoptable dog would fit the best with your family. We will have several online communications, phone conversations, and face to face visits to determine the best fit for you and our labs. If we do not have a close fit or your situation changes, your down payment is transferable to future adoptable dogs anytime during the adoption process. This transfer is a common occurrence.
- Meet and Greet - Once we agree that a good match is possible, we set up a time when you can visit Annabelle Acres to meet our adoptable dogs. A "Meet and Greet" is by appointment only, but we are available during the week, weekends, day or night. You are free to bring any family members and other pets to help us make a positive meeting with our adoptable dogs. Please set aside at least an hour to no more than three hours per visit. You will be able to spend ample time with our dogs with us, alone, and even take a dog for a leash walk on our 6 acres of country land. If applicable, we may decide that a one or two-night "doggie sleep-over" is the appropriate next step. We have found this can be very successful in our vetting process. Commonly, multiple visits take place before the dog is adopted. Our adoptable dogs must have a smooth transition from Annabelle Acres to their "furever" homes.
- Happy Tails Day - Happy Tails Day is an emotional and enjoyable experience for everyone. The transfer of ownership must have a minimal amount of stress on the dog as possible. Annabelle Acres will work with the adopting family on an agreeable date. Please note the Happy Tails Date for each dog. This date provides our dogs ample time for their Veterinarian Wellness Checks, Spay/Neutered, other needed surgeries, diet and exercise programs, and other dog-related variables. Please pay your adoption fee balance in cash on Happy Tails Day or through our donate page at least 24 hours in advance. We do not accept checks. We will do our best to make Happy Tails Day as memorable as possible.
The new owner will receive a packet of information on Happy Tails Day:
- Adoption Contract - signed by both parties
- Our Veterinarian emails to you all health records and visitation notes.
- Microchip information (if available)
- AKC and Pedigree information (if available)
- A 5-pound bag of Fromm Dog Food and feeding instructions
- One month supply of Heart Worm and Tick/Flea Preventative
- Additional information about your new companion dog
Annabelle Acres Guarantee - Annabelle Acres does not guarantee anything in addition to the content in our Adoption Contract. A copy of the adoption contract is available on the day of a meet and greet if requested, and on the day you take your new family member home. Annabelle Acres Return Policy - Annabelle Acres's adoptable dogs are treated as our family dogs. We thoroughly evaluate our lab's temperament, health, physical soundness, and overall wellness before allowing our dogs to be adopted. However, Annabelle Acres cannot and does not guarantee the health or temperament of adoptable dogs. We suggest the adopter give their new dog at least three-six months to develop a routine in their new environment. If the adopter must return the dog at any time, Annabelle Acres will always consider taking the dog back.